Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Copper, wool & desk sets

On Monday, August 7th, Brian and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary. 11 years together. According to this site, copper, wool, and desk sets are the traditional (and modern) gifts associated with the seventh wedding anniversary. Desk sets? I think that is interesting. I've been thinking about getting Brian a new desk. We bought his just before our wedding from Ikea, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to last this long, either way, I think we'll outlast the desk. (in my opinion, we already have.)

How did we celebrate? My sister had a baby! That's right, my sister in Louisville went into labor yesterday, so my mother, sister and I hopped in the car at 11am to witness something incredible. She was born on 8.7.06. My maid of honor, seven years ago, gave birth to a baby girl.
Although Brian and I could not officially celebrate yesterday, we still felt the presence of eachother. I returned home tonight.

Tomorrow night we celebrate! We celebrate our history, our future, our amazing children, the stronger than ever connection we feel today and the life that we've built and that we continue to build. Together.

I hope to share pictures and stories about my sister's labor and delivery. It was a wonderful experience that I am so blessed to have been able to witness.
I leave you with two pictures...my sister, Sarah, on 8.7.99 and my sister on 8.7.06.

8.7.99

Seven years later.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2006 06:27:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Happy anniversary!! What a great gift your sister gave you for your special day, to witness the miracle of life!!

    You sister looked beautiful on your wedding day, but I have to say the more recent picture is much more beautiful with her as a mommy!! The joy in her face and her husband's face looking at that beautiful little girl is priceless!!

    Congratulations on being an aunt again. You didn't tell us her name! And I so want more details. I am all about the details of events like this.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Happy Anniversary :) My 7th is coming on on September 11th.. umm Desk sets? congratulations on being an Auntie again :) and your anniversary..

     
  • At 8/09/2006 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Congratulations, Beth, on becoming an aunt again. Especially on your anniversary. My dad's birthday is 8-7 too.

    Love the pictures and can't wait to see more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting