Thursday, January 04, 2007

Toaster Oven Virgin

That's me. I have never owned a toaster oven before. Even growing up we always had toaster that held your bread slices upright, with the hot "grill" pressed up against the bread. I never understood why people had toaster ovens, I mean, how could the toast get toasted with out the hot "grill" being pressed up against both sides of the bread. I didn't know they were actual ovens. OVENS! Who knew?!?! Hysterically and sadly, even after my friend Jenn mentioned to me that she made cookies in her toaster oven, I was like, "okay, crazy, you make cookies in your toaster, right!" I couldn't imagine they were good. Then, I asked for one for Christmas. Why? Because I wanted to make chicken fries for the kids in them. I was tired of using toaster bags in my stand up toaster. When asking for a toaster oven, I was sure to include that it must have a broiler, because I may use it for toast, chicken fries and homemade garlic bread. Get all the use out of it that I can, right? Man. Iamanidiot. THIS THING ROCKS. It's an oven, people. I have made taquitos, chicken nuggets, garlic bread AND toast. All in the 2 days that I opened the box. It's like having two ovens, I feel like I have a DE-LUXE kitchen now. I bake and cook almost everyday...this is going down as one of the best gifts of all time.

While I am reviewing my Christmas gifts, I'm going to tell you about another MUST HAVE FOR 2007. The Research Alarm Clock. OHMYGODTHISTHINGSETSITSELF. Not only does it set itself...it allows a different alarm time for each day of the week. Not sold yet? When you snooze your alarm clock, it actually blinks, to remind you that it's snoozing. You know, sometimes you have the OHMYGOD moment where you think you shut it off? Those moments no longer exists. How much does this bad boy cost? TWENTY BUCKS.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 Comments:

  • At 1/04/2007 09:39:00 AM, Blogger Liza on Maui said…

    Oh my gosh - I need that research alarm clock! thanks for the tip.

    And about the Toaster Oven..we got a gift of that on our wedding (13 years ago). Initially out rection was "huh?, do we need this?" but it's been the most used applinace we had. we love it. We've purchased several since then (we wore it out fast) and even gave them as wedding gifts :)

     
  • At 1/04/2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    I must say I have never owned a toaster oven either. I may have to reconsider now that I hear firsthand how awesome they are. I just hate to cluter up my already small counter space with another appliance.

     
  • At 1/04/2007 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I can't believe you never had a toaster oven. I love mine. A good one is hard to find...kinda like a man!

    Very cool clock. When the clocks I have start sleeping later (the kids) I will look into it!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 02:27:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    I was once a toaster oven virgin too... we received 2 toaster ovens for our wedding and I returned them both! I didn't see the need to own one.

    Now with kids, I use it everyday. Tater tots, Eggos, taquitos, chicken dinos, cheese sandwiches (when I'm really lazy or blogging), turkey or chili melts, homemade bagel pizzas, fish sticks, mini-keishes, and of course, cookies (gotta bake all the frozen cookie dough we bought for DS's school fundraiser)! I'm glad you like yours. Feel free to share any good recipes you find ;)

    Cool clock! We have one that sets itself, but the alarm feature on yours sounds very useful.

     
  • At 1/05/2007 11:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh, I've never had or used a toaster oven. We never had one growing up. I THINK one of my college roommates may have had one, but I never went near it.

    Really? Toaster ovens. Huh. Any particular recommendation?

     
  • At 1/05/2007 07:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yenno, I don't own a toaster oven either!!

     
  • At 1/06/2007 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thanks for the recommendations. I'm actually in the market for a new alarm clock so I will have to check it out. My kids just aren't as dependable about waking up at the crack of dawn anymore.

    Hmmm.... I'm a toaster over virgin too. I never thought to get one. I'm intrigued.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting