Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Mcdreamy

Brian made pancakes this morning. They were made after I (finally) had an amazing night's sleep and they were made on a morning where my weight was incredibly low. My Mcdreamy.

Our garage sale went SO well. It went so well, we are doing it again next Saturday. We raised just over $800, we raised a ton of awareness and we recruited an affliliate team. Someone who lives in my little city has a son with lymphoma. They walked last year at the same location as we did, they even remembered us being there, this September we will be walking side by side. I am so excited about this. We all agreed that we were absolutely meant to meet yesterday.

I was so tired yesterday, I took a coma-like nap for about 45 minutes after 4pm. I then showered and we went to my cousin's daughter's graduation party. We have seen this extension of family maybe 2 times in the past five years. It's quite sad, but you know how life can run away from you. This girl is a special girl, I used to babysit her when she was a baby. She has grown up to be beautiful and smart and so kind. She was voted homecoming queen this year, she's just a great girl.
We arrived the same time as my parents and it was a very emotional reunion with this family. We were all so happy to be there. They just built a brand new, massive, beautiful home and had just finished their huge in-ground pool. My cousin's husband works for a liquor distributor, so liquor was in abundance. The coolest thing was that they had a slushy machine (and Olive Garden!). I thought the kids would LOVE slushies! But even better, it was a margarita machine. Oh my heaven, it was beautiful. I am typically not a fan of margaritas, I don't order them when I go to restaurants, but this margarita was divine. (I talked to my cousin and she said it's new from Jose Cuervo...she said her husband had "the guys" over one night, they were playing cards and drinking beer, well someone broke out the margaritas and the group of men tossed their beers aside and shamelessly drank their margaritas. They're THAT good.) I had two and drank them fast. They were strong and so tasty and oh so cold. I had to ask about them, because while drinking them I thought I had to have a margarita now everyday for the rest of my life. If today weren't Sunday, I'd perhaps go buy some, but the law prohibits me from doing so. I guess I'll start my drinking tomorrow.

Between my lack of sleep over the past week and the two margaritas, I was literally in pass out mode all night. I tried to fight it, but I was losing my battle. I brushed my teeth and was in bed by 10pm. A record for me. I watched TV for an hour, rolled over and slept for 10 blissful hours.

6 Comments:

  • At 7/09/2006 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    wow Beth sounds like your garage sales was a great success.. congratulations.

     
  • At 7/09/2006 03:23:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    CONGRATS on the garage sale!! That is sooo impressive. Also, congrats on Lifetime!!

    Now you've got me itching for a margarita..maybe this is why there are Blue Laws?!?!

    It was great seeing you!! M and I had a ball on Friday :-)

     
  • At 7/09/2006 06:45:00 PM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said…

    Way to go on the gatage sale!!!!!!!!!

    Brian is such aweetheart!!!!!!!

    Lois

     
  • At 7/09/2006 07:28:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    That garage sale must have been hopping from the moment you started. Great job on that!!

    So a margarita huh? I have never had one, but now I might need to try them. No blue laws here!! Although I am just reading this at 8:23 so I guess I will be waiting.

    Glad to hear you had a good night's sleep. What a good guy Brian is. I was blessed to sleep in this morning also. A true blessing from my guy.

     
  • At 7/11/2006 07:39:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Brian IS a great guy!! :)

    I don't like Margaritas...but that sounds right up Doug's alley. I am sure he would love them. Glad you had fun!!!!

     
  • At 7/12/2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Go Brian, what a great hubby you are!

    mmm... we'll have to try that margarita drink.

    I'm glad you had a great night of sleep after your successful garage sale and a wonderful family party!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting