Saturday, January 06, 2007

Easy. Breezy. Beautiful

The song "easy like Sunday morning" is flowing through my head right now. Even though it's Saturday. Friends, it's 11:31am and I am still in my pj's. I'm sitting on my couch, next to Noah, who is next to Anna and they are watching Cars. Daddy is on the other couch, in his pj's, too. Last night, Brian and I had a pig out, wine fest on our living room floor after the kids went to bed. We had this horrible (delicious) chili and velveeta dip, with wine while we played yahtzee. I know the dip sounds terribly fattening BUT we used baked scoops! You know, to make it healthier. I used ALL of my flex points last night. I have my weigh in on Tuesday. I have been maintaining my weight since June. HOORAY!! I think I've got it down. I hope I've got it down.

After being being beat by Brian three times in Yahtzee (man, he plays good when he's drunk!) I sweetly asked him if I could sleep in...alot. He said "sure honey, anytime." And I did. Until 10:30 am.

ANYWAY, back to the Midnight Movers. They were still there yesterday morning AND all of their furniture was in their house. Of course, their basement could have been cleared out or their bedrooms, my point is this: was there really a point to moving at 2 am? I think not.

Yesterday, I purposely did a ton of housework so I could have a lazy day today. I can't remember the last time we had a Saturday to just "be." It's nice and refreshing and I'm scared half to death. I'm not a good sitter. I like to do things. (IN FACT, I bought a pedometer the other day, and I walk 10,000 steps just in my house everyday.) Anna and Noah have their 3rd and 4th Birthdays this month, every year I create a slideshow and every year I finish in the 11th hour. I'm determined to finish early! Also, the remainder of our Christmas decorations will come down today.

I hope you all of a great weekend. I leave you with a great picture taken last Monday!

Anna and Noah sitting with their Uncles.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 1/06/2007 01:28:00 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    pWine and Yahtzee--what a fun combination! My husband and I used to play that all the time during my first pregnancy.

    Great job on meeting your goal weight with WW. You had asked me how it was going for me on my blog. I've only been doing it for this week so it is hard to really say. Overall, I guess it isn't too bad. I'm not doing the meetings (just counting points).

    Have a relaxing day! Sounds great!

     
  • At 1/06/2007 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Whew - those are some Hottie uncles! Dang girl, your brothers are good looking! Your family has some really good genes.

    I love your wine and yahtzee evening. Sounds like so much fun! We're having a cranberry and grey goose evening right now. So yummy! A little Bunco sounds fun right about now too. Wanna come over and join us?

    So, how did the Christmas tear down go today?

     
  • At 1/07/2007 02:46:00 AM, Blogger Liza on Maui said…

    Nice to read of your "blissful" Saturday. I hope it continue throughout the weekend (or the whole week :)

    Are those uncles "twins"? Nice photo!

     
  • At 1/07/2007 07:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss lazy weekend days terribly. Only happens occasionally now since having Alex (we enjoy our weekends tremendously when Alex goes to stay with either of his grandparents). Glad you got to sleep in (wow, 10:30 is impressive) and bum around for a while!

     
  • At 1/07/2007 07:41:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Two cute kids with 2 HOT uncles...What more could a reader ask for?!!!

    I love Saturdays like that!!! They are the best and have been happening more and more in my house. Really it only happens during the winter months. Sounds like a nice night for you and Brian!! I hope everyone is well!

     
  • At 1/07/2007 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Those are some damn good looking uncles! Wow!

    Glad you got to relax and congrats on maintaining your weight. I know how hard it is.

     
  • At 12/03/2007 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said…

    fdd

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting